• The types of information we gather
• How we use it and safeguard it
• How (and the degree to which) you may control the maintenance and sharing of your information
2. Personally Identifiable Information We Collect and How We Use ItWe respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting personally identifiable information (“PII”) that you provide in connection with your use of our Websites and Services.
While we may not collect everything identified as PII below, by law it includes the following information:
• Full Name
• Driver’s License Number
• Social Security Number
• Shipping and billing addresses
• Telephone numbers
• E-mail Addresses
• Payment Information, such as your credit card number
We may use information about you to:
• Provide any Services you request
• Keep you informed about any changes to our services
• Provide you updates about your account
• Inform you of other Services or offers in which you might have an interest
• Ask for your feedback to help us improve our Sites and Services
If you opt-in to receive e-mail from us, you will always be provided the option of opting out of future communications by following the directions posted in each message (labeled “unsubscribe”). If you do choose to opt out of marketing messages, we will be disappointed, but we will respect your wishes. We do; however, reserve the right to contact you regarding your account status, technical support, and for anything that might affect the services and/or products you have purchased from us in the past.
We will not disclose your PII that we have collected except as stated herein, or in the following circumstances:
• Where we are required by law, legal process, or court order to do so
• Where disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may cause or be causing harm to, or interference with, our rights, our sites, and our property, or to our other users
• Where we are responding directly to you regarding an inquiry, request, or complaint that you have made
3. Non-Personally Identifiable Information We Collect and How We Use ItAs a part of the registration process for some Services, you may be asked to provide information that does not personally identify you (“NON-PII”). Examples of this information include your personal preferences, gender, and purchasing habits. This information may be requested as a part of a User Account Profile you may be asked to create and is generally optional. We request this information to help save you time by customizing our services and programs to your preferences. In some instances, we will automatically collect NON-PII about your use of our Websites and Services.
• The type of browser you are using
• The operating system on your computer
• The domain name of your ISP
• How you got to the site (i.e. your click-path through our sites/services or your click-through from third party sites, e-mails, or advertisements)
• Your IP address If you are using our services from any hand-held/wireless device, we may also automatically collect the following information:
• The type of device you are using
• Your wireless telecommunications provider
• Your mobile identification number (assigned by your wireless telecommunications provider)
Information collected in this manner is anonymous unless you have provided us with PII. We may, at our discretion, use and share with third parties aggregate, NON-PII to show general demographic and preference information among users of our websites.
As stated above, when you visit our sites, our servers may automatically collect information about how long you stayed on a given site, the type of browser you were using at the time, how many times you visited each page, and your IP address. This information helps us improve our products and services and gives us a better understanding of our geographic reach.
4. Information We May Collect from Other People and How We May Use ItSome of our websites and services may ask you to submit PII about other people as a referral request. If you provide us with a friend’s PII, or if your friend provides your PII to us, we will send the information referral with an opt-in request. Please note that we use a double opt-in process, meaning that you will be sent a request to opt-in through e-mail, and you must click on a special link within that e-mail in order to finalize your opt-in status with us. If we do not receive an opt-in confirmation, we will not send further information.
5. Our Sign Up and Opt-In Policy for E-mail Newsletter SubscriptionsWe will ask you for your name and e-mail address to subscribe to our e-mail newsletters. Again, we use the double opt-in process as described in Subsection 4 for any subscriptions. While this process creates an extra step for you, we believe that it also keeps you safe from practical jokes or acts of malice that may negatively affect you.
6. How Our User Accounts Are Setup and MaintainedIn order to use some of our products and Services, you may be asked to register and create a user account (“USER ACCOUNT”). The creation of a User Account is free.
Typically, you will be asked to provide the following PII in the creation of your account:
• First and Last Name
• Telephone Number
• E-mail address
You will also be asked to choose a user name, screen name, or member name (collectively “USER NAME”) and password for your account. We recommend that you not use your real name, and we ask that you not use the name of another when selecting a User Name. As with use of other Internet forums, chat rooms, or message boards, use of our similar Services will make your USER NAME available to the Internet’s general public while you are participating.
To request deactivation of your USER ACCOUNT, send an e-mail to [email protected] Please review our restrictions and acceptable use guidelines for our user forums in the “Terms and Conditions” for our sites.
We also provide an “unsubscribe” option in all commercial e-mail you receive from us, and you may exercise that option by clicking on the link contained within the e-mail. Please understand that while your option will be automatically processed, it may not always be possible to completely remove or modify your information in our databases until we execute a data purge process. This means that while you will not receive further communication from us; your information may continue to be stored with us until our purge process is run. Once we have executed our purge process, in the event that you choose to reconnect with us after opting out, you will be asked to re-enter all of your information.
7. Our Commitment to Data SecurityWhile we take every reasonable and appropriate effort to protect your PII from unauthorized access and disclosure; no website, Internet transaction, computer, or Internet connection (whether by wireless or Ethernet protocol) is completely secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other types of breaches will never occur.
By accessing our Sites, you understand that you do so at your own risk. Whenever you give us confidential information (such as a credit card number for payment processing), we abide by Payment Card Industry standards which means that we take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is protected through establishing a secure connection with your web browser. We use secure-socket-layer (“SSL”) technology to protect your information during its transmission to either our site or to our third party e-commerce partners. We do not use or retain your credit card information for marketing purposes.
8. Special Promotions, Sweepstakes, Purchases, and Content SubmissionsYour PII will be collected when you enter a sweepstakes, participate in a special promotion, or make a purchase through our sites, either by us, or through a third party.
Your entry or purchase serves as your consent for us to collect and distribute such information to third parties such as e-commerce providers for the purposes of:
• Processing your credit card transactions
• Customer Service
• Sweepstake Administration
• Order Fulfillment
• Prize Delivery, as applicable
As stated above, these third parties are prohibited from using this information for their own marketing purposes and/or from sharing, selling, or otherwise distributing any of your PII, unless you choose to opt-in through their marketing efforts. Except where prohibited by law, your participation by entering a sweepstakes or a special promotion that could be construed as such, serves as your written consent that you agree to be bound by the official rules that govern such an event. These types of promotions may require that you agree to allow your name, voice, and/or likeness to be used in advertising or marketing efforts and any such requirement will be clearly posted in the official rules. When you submit a website comment, blog post, photograph, or other content to be published by any means (electronic, voice, DVD, etc.), we may display your name or other PII in connection with publishing the content.
By submitting this information to us, you give us your consent to publish said material.
9. Customer ServiceWhen you communicate with any of our customer service agents through online chat, e-mail, telephone or any other means, please understand that the operator may view and make changes to the information provided in your User Account in order to fulfill your request for assistance.
10. About Cookies and Other Tracking TechnologyOur sites may contain cookies or similar technology as it becomes available. Cookies are small files that our sites may place on your computer to:
• Help you navigate our sites more effectively
• Help us track usage patterns on our sites
• Help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
• Limit multiple responses or registrations to our sites and services
Most browsers and antivirus programs are setup to allow you to configure your preferences for cookies. You should read the Help Guides for your browser and antivirus programs to determine how to set your preferences. While not intentional, you may encounter some problems with our sites if you choose to disable cookies.
11. HyperlinksOur sites may contain hyperlinks to (a) sites owned and operated by Dr Tony Mork, and (b) sites owned and operated by Third Parties (“Non-Owned Sites” collectively).
14. Special Notice About Children under 13We are committed to ensuring the safety and confidentiality of PII concerning children under the age of 13, which means that we are committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations that support this effort, including compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). Except for the exemptions allowed by COPPA, we will not knowingly collect, maintain, or distribute PII from a child under 13 without first obtaining documentable consent from the child’s parent or legal guardian. We will take all reasonable actions to remove any PII a child under the age of 13 has submitted to us upon notification by a legal parent or guardian.
To notify us of such a circumstance, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and include in your message the User Name, password, and/or e-mail address that was used for the submission of this information. We encourage all parents and guardians to monitor Internet usage of children closely.
16. Special Notification for California ResidentsAs provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83, a California Resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. As per the terms of the Civil Code, upon receipt of your request for such information and only once per calendar year, we are required to (a) provide a list of all third parties to whom we distributed your information within the preceding calendar year, and (b) provide a list of the categories of personal information we disclosed. To make a request, please ensure that you are a CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER and send us a request at.